Print Friendly and PDF

Quick Chicken and Noodles

I threw some ingredients together for dinner tonight and it turned out to be one of the best things I've made in weeks! Here are the approximate measurements of what I put together. Next time, I think I might try to use more turnips (they're my new favorite - so earthy and they take on so many different flavors!) and carrots. The marjoram and thyme can really be to taste. I think I used more than this, but I'm not entirely sure. I really never measure a lot, which sometimes gets me into trouble.

1 - 2 tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 tbsp. olive oil
1 turnip, peeled and diced
1 large carrot, sliced in half lengthwise and finely sliced
1/4 - 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
1 large clove garlic, minced
1 stalk celery with leaves, cut in half lengthwise and finely sliced
6 cups chicken stock (or more, if desired)
1 c. chicken chunks
2 c. dry thin egg noodles (try these or these)
1/2 tsp. marjoram leaves
1/2 tsp. thyme leaves
salt and pepper to taste

Heat saute pan. Add olive oil and allow to heat gently. Toss turnip, carrot, onion and garlic in pan, coating with oil. Stir occasionally, allowing to cook until tender and onion is slightly brown.

Meanwhile, in a small pot, warm chicken stock on medium heat. When the vegetables in the skillet are tender, transfer them to the pot. Add celery, chicken, spices and additional olive oil. Bring to a boil, then simmer gently for 15-20 minutes. Bring to a boil again. Add noodles and allow to gently boil for 5 minutes or until tender. Enjoy!